Make New Friends this Fall
Dinner with Friends is an opportunity to gather in someone’s home with 8-10 adults from First Pres to share food and fellowship. It’s a great chance to connect with the people you’d love to get to know better or those folks you don’t yet know at all. Everyone is invited, and it’s easy to participate.
- Commit to attend a dinner either Friday, October 20 or Saturday, October 21.
- Those who attend will be asked by their host to bring a dish to share.
- On the evening of the dinner simply come and enjoy good food and friendly fellowship.
And for those of you who love hosting, there’s an extra opportunity. You can sign up to be a host and have dinner with friends at your house.
Hosts have a few extra responsibilities besides making their house ready for dinner:
- Hosts will be responsible for providing the main dish for their Dinner with Friends.
- Once hosts have been informed who will attend dinner at their house, they will call each of their guests to give them the following information – the time and address of where the dinner will take place, the food dish the guest might bring, and details about any allergies that may need to be taken into consideration.
A few more details:
- Registration for this fun event will take place Sunday, October 1 and Sunday, October 8 in the Gathering Place. Registration will also be available online starting Sunday, October 1-Tuesday, October 10.
- Once registration closes, the names of those who wish to attend will be organized into groups of 8-10 people.
- Each host will then call the guests who will attend the Dinner with Friends taking place in their home.
Friday, October 20 & Saturday, October 21 | Evening