More Than Sunday. Living Faith in Today’s World.
Our tagline “More Than Sunday” means that we are committed to helping people live out their faith anywhere and everywhere, all week long. First Presbyterian Church of Glen Ellyn (First Pres) is an active, Christ-centered community seeking to prioritize the life of discipleship through worship, service and missions, small groups, children and family programs, and the study of God’s word. We strive to provide people with greater opportunities for spiritual growth, authentic community, and the chance to daily fulfill God’s call to love and serve others.
Part-time Communications Director Overview
First Pres seeks a talented, enthusiastic Communications Director to develop strategy and execute the programs that will grow engagement with the church and encourage the life of Christian discipleship.
Working closely with the church staff, pastors, Communications Elder, and Communications Coordinator, the Director will develop the campaigns and content to reach the Congregation, the Crowd (those who are connected to First Pres but not yet members), and the surrounding Community with compelling stories and invitations designed to move all three target audiences toward greater growth in faith and commitment to Jesus Christ.
There is tremendous potential for growth and success in this part-time position leading the communications of a thriving church. The quality Biblical teaching, excellent staff and pastoral team, robust adult, family and missions opportunities and talented worship programming make up a vibrant, growing, God-centered community. We seek a talented individual to grow with us – to help build the basics and then extend our momentum to engage others for Christ.
- Update and enhance the First Pres Communications Strategy to drive greater participation in the mission and ministries of the church;
- Working with staff, ensure the church is delivering timely information with a clear, compelling, and consistent message and brand across all First Pres communications;
- Develop or re-imagine strategies for current channels including social media (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube), website, email, snail mail, online bulletin, external signage, and personal invitations, to create an informed and engaged faith community;
- Update the weekly eNews, Website and coordinate with staff to collect information;
- Manage the work of any designers, contractors, photographers, and over time, develop a team of volunteers and/or new team members to enhance our Comms capacity;
- Ensure church projects are created on time and with excellence.
Areas for growth:
With a part-time role, we first need to fulfill the basic communications requirements, but there are exciting areas for growth:
- Explore new opportunities to expand First Pres’ voice and reach into the local community, including media relations, music events, co-hosting talks, or creating unique partnerships and service opportunities with nearby churches or mission partners;
- Play a lead role in developing the church’s first podcast;
- An understanding of, and commitment to, the local church and the Glen Ellyn First Pres community, and a passion to use communications to help people build fellowship and deepen their walk with Christ;
- Ability to lead others and unite teams around new shared goals and ideas in church communications;
- Skill in developing and executing multi-channel marketing campaigns to engage and move audiences;
- Ability to produce high-quality materials across a variety of mediums, from start to finish;
- Organized, creative thinker, diligent, entrepreneurial;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration across church teams;
- Creative and patient strategist who can get things done with limited resources;
- Experience with Constant Contact, Adobe InDesign, Canva, Later, or similar, or the
ability to direct volunteers in those areas using your preferred tools;
- Degree or professional experience in communications, marketing, media or related field preferred;
- Authentic and growing Christian faith.
Hours and Compensation:
Based on experience and availability: $25/hour. Up to 20 hours per week. We are flexible to work with the needs of the right candidate.
Senior Pastor and Communications Elder
Glen Ellyn, IL and remote
How to Apply:
Please send your CV or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Communications Elder Pamela Gifford, or call the church for further questions at 630-469-2007. Let us know why you are applying and any relevant experience. We look forward to meeting you!