DEPARTMENT: Children’s Ministries
SUPERVISOR: Director of Children’s Ministries
FULL/PART TIME: Flexible based upon qualified candidate(s) availability.
The Children’s Ministry Associate Director (CMAD) is responsible for assisting the Children’s Ministry Director (CMD) in leading and managing the Children’s Ministry at First Pres. He or she must have a growing faith, a heart for children, and have experience with recruiting and retaining volunteers. The CMAD works closely with and reports to the CMD. Actual number of hours a week is flexible based upon qualified candidate(s) availability.
What you will do:
As the Children’s Ministry Associate Director, you will assist in overseeing the major programs of our ministries. This includes Kids Church, Spark, VBS, and other various special events. The details for each are below.
Kids Church Coordination:
- Assist the CMD in giving spiritual and organizational leadership to the Kids Church program, with a focus on Kids Church for 1st-5th grade.
- Assist the CMD and Children’s Ministry Leadership Team (CMLT) in recruiting and training volunteers for Kids Church.
- Take the lead on vision and execution of growth strategies for Kids Church, 1st-5th grade.
- Teach Kids Church for 1st-5th grade one Sunday per month and be present for special Sundays.
- When attending church, check in on Kids Church at arrival or dismissal
- Prepare weekly lesson plans for Kids Church based on existing curriculum
- Prepare and organize supplies used for Kids Church
- Maintain consistent communication with parents keeping them informed about programming.
- Communicate effectively with volunteers and also assist in coordinating any recognition events to show appreciation.
SPARK, VBS, and Events Coordination:
- Assist the CMD in spiritual and organizational leadership for Spark, VBS, and other special events.
- Support the Spark and VBS leadership teams, as necessary.
- Assist the CMD and CMLT in recruiting and training volunteers for Spark, VBS, and other events.
- Assist CMD and volunteers in preparing materials for Spark, VBS and Events.
- Be present at Spark weekly and VBS annually.
- Communicate with parents and keep them informed about our programs.
- Communicate with volunteers, schedule and show appreciation to the volunteer team.
- Manage spreadsheets, registration and parent follow up for these programs.
- Maintain organization of Spark, VBS and special events supplies.
– Attend Children’s Ministry Leadership Team meetings monthly.
– Assist in other Children’s Ministry tasks where time allows.
What you need:
- A growing faith.
- Experience volunteering or working with children, preferably in a church setting.
- Experience with recruiting and training volunteers.
- Ability to work well with both adults and children.
- Strong organizational skills.
- A collaborative spirit.
About First Presbyterian Church of Glen Ellyn:
First Presbyterian Church of Glen Ellyn is a PC(USA) congregation with a rich history of engaging in both local and international mission and justice ministries. Children and families have always been an important part of the First Pres congregation. The outreach programs of the church engage the community through Westminster Preschool, Children’s and youth ministries and adult programs. There is a long history of equipping people for a life-long journey of discipleship through participation in Bible study, small groups, and mission.
How to apply:
To apply please submit a cover letter, resume and 2 references to HR@Firstpresge.org.