Ministry at First Pres continues in the midst of the pandemic. When you come to the First Pres Glen Ellyn campus, know that we are following the CDC/Illinois Department of Public Health COVID protocols for the protection of everyone:
- Masks: required at all times while on the church campus — inside and outside, even if social distancing/6 feet apart is maintained.
- Social distancing: 6 feet apart required at all times.
- Hand Sanitizer: available at main entrance doors and should be used upon entering the building.
- Self-Reporting: If you have been on the church campus and within 48 hours 1. become symptomatic and awaiting test results or have 2. tested positive, please inform the church office immediately so that others who may have had “close contact” may be notified. “Close contact” is defined as longer than 15 minutes, and closer than 6 feet. The DuPage County Public Health Department performs further contact tracing as needed.
- Notice of COVID incidence: If/when there is a COVID risk/confirmation of diagnosis, affected individuals and/or groups will be notified and provided with details relevant to taking precautionary measures, and consistent with the CDC/IDPH guidelines.
Westminster Preschool follows higher levels of protocol per DCFS: this includes temperature taking; children-only allowed in building, and parents remain outside for drop-off/pick-up; frequent hand sanitizing and surface cleaning; and of course, masks and social distancing. Westminster also follows IL Department of Public Health Decision Tree in Pre-K, K-12 and Day Care Programs. You can click this link to review.
The First Pres Re-Opening Task Force continues to review, assess, and advise on plans and protocols as we open programming, thus we are receiving expert input from our members in the science, medical, and legal fields.
It’s important to be reminded during these difficult times that we have much to be grateful for at First Pres Glen Ellyn:
- Children and Faculty at Westminster Preschool are thriving.
- Elementary-age kids are enjoying outdoor or remote SPARK programming on Wednesdays.
- The Tent is a huge success: Jr High students enjoy lunch on Thursdays; Confirmation for 8th graders and High School Inferno on Sundays; Faith Builders and many small groups meet weekly; Lunch Bunch enjoyed Brown Bag lunch together; SHINE Family gatherings on Sundays, and so many more Bible studies and get-togethers with friends under the tent.
- We welcomed a New Member Class Oct 18!
We can be thankful and celebrate all that God is doing in our midst because of you!