As of June 11, 2021, when the state of Illinois entered Phase 5, First Pres has updated guidelines. Our course of action throughout the Covid pandemic has been to review and follow the state of Illinois guidance for each Phase of Restore Illinois.
Our Re-opening Task Force, comprised of First Pres members who are professionals in health care, have reviewed and supported all First Pres guidelines as they were created for each Phase. You have been patiently supportive throughout the many months as we waited for Phase 5 to arrive. We have cared for one another, often making personal sacrifices. With thanksgiving, we praise God for His faithfulness to us.
First Pres Phase 5 Guidelines: (aligned with State of Illinois Phase 5 Guidelines)
- Fully vaccinated persons can be on campus without wearing a mask. Fully vaccinated persons can choose to wear their mask, but they are not required to wear mask. The only exception is if they are in a space and/or working with children younger than age 12, then masks are required. Examples of such environments are Sunday School, Nursery, Westminster Summer Camps, Vacation Bible School.
- Unvaccinated persons should wear a mask and maintain six feet social distance when indoors. When outdoors on First Pres campus, unvaccinated persons may choose to not wear a mask when able to maintain a six-foot social distance.
- Children’s programming will require children and all adults (including fully vaccinated) working with them, to wear masks. We are choosing to protect our children who are younger than 12 years of age until a vaccine for their age group is available.
- Worship: Registration to attend Sunday worship is no longer required. You have the freedom to attend without registering. Together, we will come to worship and lift up our voices in corporate singing, reciting creeds, prayers, etc.
- Donuts and Coffee are Back! Fellowship under the tent follows worship.