August 6, 2017
Feeling It Or Not, God is Faithful
Small Group Questions | Ezra 3:10-13
- Take a minute to read through the text for today. The One Year Bible takes us through the whole book this week. Being familiar with the whole story will help you out a lot, but these questions will direct you.
- https://www.biblestudylessons.com/classbooks/history/ezra-questions.pdf If you have interest, this is a link with thorough questions for the whole book of Ezra. The questions do a pretty good job of helping you stay connected to the many key details of the story.
- We’ve just read 2 Chronicles. Read 2 Chron 36:11-21. It sets the stage for Ezra. Summarize what it says.
- So when we start Ezra, where are the children of Israel living?
- According to Ezra 1:1ff what does Persian King Cyrus declare? Why might he have done this? How do the Jewish people react? How would you?
- Contrast the actions of Nebuchadnezzar and Cyrus. (v1:7)
- According to 3:2ff what did they rebuild and why were they afraid?
- They laid the foundation first and then did what? (3:10-11.) What were the two different responses of the people. (3:12-13)
- Why do you think they had those different responses? What are some times that you have had each type of response and why?
- According to chapter 4, was everyone excited about the work being done? How would that have felt after this new lease on life for the Jewish people?
- Have you faced opposition for times that you have been trying to be faithful to God’s word or direction? Or have you known others who have?
- How did Ezra and other key leaders respond to the opposition (through chapters 5 and 6?) Were they wise? Were they bold?
- Have you stood up for something big before? What was it? How could you stand up again?
- Lots more good stuff in Ezra, but we’ll stop there with the questions.