Each year hundreds of low income families shop for donated Christmas gifts at the Outreach Christmas Store. The donated gifts are new and for sale at a large discount so that parents can afford to purchase a Christmas gift for their child. You can participate in several ways.
Donate hats or a gift. Nov. 12-Dec. 3, find a tree at church and select an empty gift bag and fill it with 3 kid-sized winter hats, and/or select an ornament that includes instructions for purchasing a requested gift for the store.
Organize bag items on Dec. 3. Between services, our congregation will be organizing hats and necessity items and writing handwritten notes for the bags. This will take place in the Gathering Place just outside the sanctuary.
Volunteer at the Christmas Store on Dec. 9. Hand out gift bags to Christmas Store shoppers on Dec. 9 in Carol Stream. Contact David Profitt, Director of Children’s Ministry, to sign up.
E-Gift Drive Links
Or, search the sites using these directions:
• Click on the “wish list “ drop-down in the top right corner
• Enter “Outreach Community Center” in the find a registry field
• Choose “Christmas Store Outreach Community Center” list
• Click on the “Registries & Lists” link on the top menu
• Under “Search Registries & Wish List” click on “More Search Options”
• On the “List/Registry Type” dropdown, choose “Charity Registry”
• In the “Organization Name” field, enter “Outreach”, and in the city and state fields, enter “Carol Stream” and “IL”
• Click “Search”
• Note, the registry ID is 022399123785384. This registry can also be accessed in Target stores.